My way from Reykjavík to Warsaw.


Hello!

My name is Judita, but because "Judita" sounds bit too serious and official - friends call me usually Jud (like in Beatles‘ song "Hey Jude") or Juditka or Judit or Džudika. My Korean friend Kwon calls me even Džuninja!

I am new EVS volunteer in SPW office.

I am from Slovakia, but before I came to Warsaw I spent almost 2 years in Reykjavík, volunteering with organization SEEDS Iceland. Because of its music, I fell in love with Iceland long long time ago – and to volunteer in this beautiful country was one of the best experiences I had gone through! I have met many great people, visited beautiful places, attended unforgettable concerts, I lived in the cutest house in the world and understood that volunteering is something what I want to continue with – and I applied for EVS project in SPW.

I was accepted…

And suddenly, at some point, everything seemed to happen somehow fast: one Monday morning I was still in Reykjavik and next Monday evening (1st of December) I was already in Warsaw.

Sometimes I forget that I am not in the North anymore and when it is dark I still use to look up at the sky and look for Northern Lights. So far I have not seen any in Warsaw. Not yet. :)

Reykjavík
My flatmates-volunteers from France, Italy and Costa Rica organized Slovak party as a surprise for me!

Heart shaped red traffic lights in Akureyri


My EVS project in Stowarzyszenie Promocji Wolontariatu is focused on promotion, I will help with promotional activities of association – trying to promote international voluntary service and workcamps. So far I like it here a lot: we have nice office, in the office there are nice people working with me and often nice people=volunteers are also coming to visit us.

I believe (actually I am pretty sure – I lived with EVS volunteers in Iceland and I experienced it already) that EVS is great opportunity to travel, to meet people and make good friends, it is also a chance to do what you are interested in (there are plenty of different projects in different countries), to gain personal and professional skills, develop some talents you already have, to feel that you do something useful…

Seriously, check the possibilities and information about EVS projects! :) (just click here)

And if you are not sure of going away from home for longer time, you can try short-term volunteering in some of workcamps first, it is also good experience. :) (You can see some more info here)

Some of my favorite places in Iceland

One of my tasks in SPW office will be writing blogs about organization's activities - so enough about me for introduction and Iceland now..

But in the end I cannot resist to share some of my favorite songs of Múm, Ólafur Arnalds, Low Roar and FM Belfast.. I like music a lot.. :) And I hope I will get to know some Polish bands and artists - so far I do not know a lot about it.

Let's volunteer together! ;)

Jud.


Comments