EVS Dawid Ciecierski talks from Serbia


Cześć!

Today Dawid Ciecierski told us some facts about his life on Serbia as volunteer. Dawid is working in so many fields on his EVS project but one of the most important topic on his job is promoting Workamps and promotion in general.

Dawid:  
As Poland and Serbia are not so far from each other there are not many strange traditions for me or in other words I didn't met yet strange traditions. 
David´s first EVS training.

Some different tradition between Poland and Serbia for example was that on my first days in Serbia, we were doing an small welcome party and Serbian people start to come to our flat, normaly in Poland people have to take their shoes off but for me was incredible weird to saw people walking around the house with their shoes on. Then I realized that serbian people never take their shoes off.


Coming to food I really like pljeskavica and burek. First one is a bit like hamburger but for me it's better, second one I do not know how to explain it, is just burek. 

Funny and amazing facts about food: Choco Kebab.


About music there are not special type. I mean Balkans music is a still a bit different but I really like Goran Bregovic.


Almost two months ago I moved to smaller city on the south of Serbia, and things in this country is that if you go more south less people speak english so everywhere I go I need to speak the language so this is a bit challenger. 

David's work place.
Traditions, food, places and of course languages are very different between one country and other, that it is one of the most beautiful and interesting fact about doing an EVS. Is about exploring the world and changing your mind about your preconceptions and about everything, in other words is open your mind to a new life. 

Hope you keep reading our adventures abroad, 

Cheers from Pułtusk, 


Angélica Camargo Flórez 
EVS - Pułtusk 2016

Comments