EVS Anna Kameduła talking from Romania



Hej Hej!

Here we are Mr. Hedgehog and I. We have the pleasure to share with you the story of EVS Anna, who is doing her EVS project in Romania.

Check it out…

I'm Ania and I'm on the project in Asociatia Young Initiative in Bucharest, Romania. We have a lot of things to do, from helping kids from homeless shelters to helping in international relations department. The activities I focus on are clubs for kids in libraries (English, French and creativity), Polish language and culture club for adults and EVS promoting workshops for everyone ;) Now, during the holidays, we do even more as the kids don't have school and there are not too much options for them!

We really became romanians.

Our schedule is very flexible, so usually I work a lot for 3-4 days in a week and then I have time for travelling. This way together with my friends we already managed to visit all Romania, to see how the other projects in the country are going, and also go to most of the neighbouring countries. There is still a lot to explore though.

Summer clubs.

Bucharest is a lovely city to live in, so we spend our free time on all of the free entrance festivals going on every weekend. We also spend a lot of time in the parks, especially now, when the city becomes tropical (it's incredibly hot here, I didn't expect that!). We don't spend too much time at home so this way we discovered the richness of Romanian street food, and my favourite ones for now are plăcintă (kind of pastry that can be filled with salty or sweet filling) and gogoş (almost the same as Polish pączki, but bigger and sweeter).

Polish club

During my 9 months in Romania a lot had happen – both good and bad things. I had a big crisis just before Christmas, a mix of culture shock and homesickness. Since then it was only better and better, and now I can't imagine myself living outside Romania, and I know I will really miss my flatmates and coworkers. This country became my home and EVS changed my life completely!

Romania looks like lord of the rings.
Wow! There is always a full emotion feeling when you read EVS experiences. I am so glad that Anna share with all of us her live in Romania! Everyday I feel more and more curious about Romania… Fiu Fiu and after this I think I want to go there soon ;)

See you next time with more news from the EVS volunteers.

Na razie!

Pa! Pa! 

Angélica Camargo Flórez
EVS - Pułtusk 2016

Comments